X-COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

exploitable bugs ew multiplayer

2 posters

Go down

exploitable bugs ew multiplayer Empty exploitable bugs ew multiplayer

Post by KeijoKurkku Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:40 am

everybody knows that xcom is full of bugs, some are exploitable, even gamebreaking,
here are the exploitable bugs that are in use among our players if they want to and bugs that are a big no no, please add if i missed any.

Allowed:

- scanning units that you cannot see: if you move the cursor out of your units moving range to a spot which should be free, the cursor turns to yellow (grey if nobodys there) if the unit you cant see is in your moving range, map shows clearly an empty space you cant occupy.

- Spit poison and shoot collateral dmg through walls: when playing as a client, you can spit poison through any obstacle, this works also with mecs collateral damage, not sure about does it have to be as a client.

- squadsight overwatch with a pistol: sometimes when in overwatch, squadsight ability works with a pistol, not sure what causes this.

- drones and overwatch: when advancing with drone that gets killed by unit in overwatch, the opponents unit will stay visible to you for the rest of the game, not sure what causes this either but seems to happend a lot in the fishing village map

- mecs flamethrower ignores stims: when using a mec with a flamethrower and facing a stimmed unit, flamethrower does always 6 dmg.

not allowed:

- immobilising units By destroying surface under it: this was new to me when it happend some time ago in the observatory map, was using a mec that got mindcontrolled, when the mc stopped after 3 turns, my mec was standing 1 tile above ground unable to move because it had used collateral dmg to destroy surface the surface under it. dont know if this works to other units. cant help this if it happends when someone is shooting you and the surface breaks by accident but if done by collateral dmg or nade in purpose, its a no no

- invisible flyers: this is fixed in our tournaments by banning flyers on these 3 maps, on police station, rooftop and boulevard maps, you can raise your flying units 1 elevation higher that you should be able to, making them invisible to your opponent, doesnt work always but most of times.

- police station 1st turn Proxy mine: when using a mec with Proxy mines and standing in a right place, you can shoot a mine over the roof to your opponents starting position

floater/heavyfloater launch: (GAMEBREAKING) there is a way to get an extra turn to floaters after launching, not gonna explain how this works but it allows you to throw throw nades or shoot to your opponents starting position before any moves made, this bug is only one that you have no chance to fight against, invisible flyers might turn visible but this is something else.

Bug fixes:

- stuck floaters and drones: you can fix the problem of stuck flyers by doing this, either keep the airborne all times from the starting turn, or when in air stuck, move the fly line cursor 1 elevation above ground and tap x repeatedly, fly line appears for a second, just need to hit that and the bug is all fixed. if the bug is on and you wanna stay in air, you can move your flyers also By landing and raising them in every turn, but this doesnt fix the bug.

Last edited by KeijoKurkku on Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total
KeijoKurkku
KeijoKurkku
10K and 20K Champion
10K and 20K Champion

Back to top Go down

exploitable bugs ew multiplayer Empty Re: exploitable bugs ew multiplayer

Post by SpottyBug Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:15 am

I will copy paste segments of this into the rules for tournaments. Want to make sure all the rules are in one place.

EDIT;
I ended up modifying the text to better fit my format in the post.

Last edited by SpottyBug on Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:30 am; edited 1 time in total
SpottyBug
SpottyBug
Squaddie
Squaddie

https://xcom.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SpottyBug Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:29 am

KeijoKurkku wrote:
- immobilising units By destroying surface under it: this was new to me when it happend some time ago in the observatory map, was using a mec that got mindcontrolled, when the mc stopped after 3 turns, my mec was standing 1 tile above ground unable to move because it had used collateral dmg to destroy surface the surface under it. dont know if this works to other units. cant help this if it happends when someone is shooting you and the surface breaks by accident but if done by collateral dmg or nade in purpose, its a no no

Not sure if I understand this one, but it looks like a ban on throwing grenades on mechs? I put it in the rules, but Im not really too confident its a good rule.

KeijoKurkku wrote:
- 1st turn Heavy floater launch: (GAMEBREAKING) there is a way to get an extra turn to floaters after launching, not gonna explain how this works but it allows you to throw throw nades or shoot to your opponents starting position before any moves made, this bug is only one that you have no chance to fight against, invisible flyers might turn visible but this is something else.

1st turn? Nah, all and any turns I say. Someone who knows how to exploit this exploit, can just wait til turn 2 or 3 or 8 and set up and ambush. I put it in the rules as forbidden any time.
SpottyBug
SpottyBug
Squaddie
Squaddie

https://xcom.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KeijoKurkku Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:50 pm

no man, of course not banning grenade throwing, and not just mecs, works on different units too, tested this couple times, it just cant be on destroyable surface, not that many surfaces can be destroyed.
this is really bad bug and it really can be a gamechanger if done in purpose, really should be banned.
KeijoKurkku
KeijoKurkku
10K and 20K Champion
10K and 20K Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by KeijoKurkku Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:06 pm

got the floater launch bug from shins videos ages ago, it had something to do with changing turns of the floaters when launching, tried this couple times but didnt succeed in it well, Woody did it to me once just to demonstrate, just retarded, can win all games if want to.
KeijoKurkku
KeijoKurkku
10K and 20K Champion
10K and 20K Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum