X-COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General ideas

+2
KeijoKurkku
Rek19769
6 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

General ideas - Page 2 Empty Re: General ideas

Post by Rek19769 Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:23 am

Anti spam rule: no more than 2 of the same unit. I like the all xcom idea. I'm biased I use a lot of xcom units but aliens are cheaper for bigger guns and nades for sure. And at 10k nades are badass....

Rek19769
Wacky Champion
Wacky Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rek19769 Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:27 am

I belong to no social media groups. I'm as antisocial as it gets. People suck especially online (tredoggydog).

Rek19769
Wacky Champion
Wacky Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by SpottyBug Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:56 pm

I changed the 20k tournament for next week to a standard tournament using regular rules.
The following week I added a Wacky Tournament with weird or strange or restrictions.

Im thinking since there are 4 weeks in a month, we can use 3 weeks for standard tournaments and the 4th week for Wacky tournaments?

Bladerip mentioned he wants to do a EU tournament, so I set one up as a Wacky tournament restricting use of EW content.

You guys have ideas, bring 'em on! alien

And the google bot has visited us!
SpottyBug
SpottyBug
Squaddie
Squaddie

https://xcom.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KeijoKurkku Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:49 am

ok so the 10k stats thread is up, will do same for 20k and 7,5k, imma stats kinda guy, like to keep record of games played, did keep record of my unranked games at 1 point for each month, not for a while though
KeijoKurkku
KeijoKurkku
10K and 20K Champion
10K and 20K Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by SpottyBug Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:36 pm

KeijoKurkku wrote:ok so the 10k stats thread is up, will do same for 20k and 7,5k, imma stats kinda guy, like to keep record of games played, did keep record of my unranked games at 1 point for each month, not for a while though

Awesome, I updated the tournament rules for EW, and linked to the 10K stats there.

I'm also thinking of doing some scenarios like the Battle the Alien Invasion scenario. Will see how it works out tomorrow. I will be the game master for the new scenarios, where I will run a team, and the player will run the opposite team, obviously, and battling their way to victory.

As for the scenarios I got quite a few ideas, for example, to see the battle from Exalts point of view. Stuff like that. Most of the time the player will be on the low end of points, to reflect the struggle to survive. They will be posted on the Events section when ready. They will not be limited to a day, but rather to a week, so if you see me online, hit me up and we will play that scenario. Its more a way to flesh out the background story of the game.

I'm doing a 12 hr shift tonight, from 7pm Saturday night until 7 am Sunday, (thanks boss Rolling Eyes ), so I will be online tomorrow afternoon Texas time, Euro evening.

I also sent a PSN message to jackmagewolf inviting him to participate in next weeks tournament.
SpottyBug
SpottyBug
Squaddie
Squaddie

Back to top Go down

Post by KeijoKurkku Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:02 pm

i tweeked the rank system, i think its better now.
KeijoKurkku
KeijoKurkku
10K and 20K Champion
10K and 20K Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by SpottyBug Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:52 pm

KeijoKurkku wrote:i tweeked the rank system, i think its better now.

Looks good! Just need to bring my name up from the bottom of the list and it will look better! tongue

SpottyBug
SpottyBug
Squaddie
Squaddie

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthBlasphemer Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:19 am

I think the BG and text is good as is.

DarthBlasphemer
Squaddie
Squaddie

Back to top Go down

Post by SpottyBug Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:26 am

I didn't set a sunday funday for this sunday, cause it aint gonna be a funday for me, so im dragging you guys down into my misery so no funday for ya'll either. Razz

I got work to do around the house, leaky faucet in master restroom, fkn birdnest jammed into my attic wall, need to fix fence and got some ants that started parading around in guest restroom. I will be busy.

You guys are more than welcome to have a sunday funday without me.

20k tournament almost over, will set up next months tournaments during next week, will start with the 7.5k, then 10k, 20k and a wacky one at the end.
SpottyBug
SpottyBug
Squaddie
Squaddie

Back to top Go down

Post by SpottyBug Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:25 am

BladeRip, I never got to thank you for linking to this forum on the 2k forums! So here goes, Thank you man! Very Happy

I noticed no one replied at the 2k forums to that, even though theres 50+ people browsing that XCOM forum at any time. Perhaps you could make a new topic there with headline "Looking for multiplayers"? Then put a link and invite to this forum? I saw SSGB's invite on those forums never got moderated so Im guessing you'd be fine.

I set up the 7.5 and 10K tournaments for next month. Wacky tournaments match ups have been set.

Euros, please note the 7th of September is an American holiday, so on the 4th, 5th 6th and 7th the American players may, or may not be very available for matches, or not. In case its a bad weekend for the matches, I will allow round 2 to spill into the next week after the holiday.
SpottyBug
SpottyBug
Squaddie
Squaddie

Back to top Go down

Post by BladeRIP Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:33 am

No problem man.
I actually linked to the old site originally but then edited it to this one after we switched. I doubt it'll get any attention. I think the only people that seem to post on 2k these days are those that like to speculate about a game that hasn't even been released yet. Meaning that the xcom2 subsection of that site will be so packed with uninformative guff that they should probably create a 2nd xcom2 subsection once it's released, for posts from people that have actually played the game.
BladeRIP
BladeRIP
Squaddie
Squaddie

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxZdwDu6c4H_95KDooFfY_g

Back to top Go down

Post by SpottyBug Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:35 pm

Noticed only darthblasphemer and myself signed up for the 7.5k starting tomorrow, guessing 7.5 got old and stale. Too many cyberdiscs maybe? How can we make it more interesting? Ban the discs? Limit the drones to 2?
SpottyBug
SpottyBug
Squaddie
Squaddie

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthBlasphemer Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:49 pm

So.....idea for future event. "X-COM, the first month." One squad of four recruits, each with only assault rifle and base armor, plus a frag grenade. V.S. a squad of sectoids and/or thin men adding up to less than 4500pts. May need to tweak pts allowed to aliens.

DarthBlasphemer
Squaddie
Squaddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Rek19769 Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:58 pm

Like it so far

Rek19769
Wacky Champion
Wacky Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rek19769 Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:59 pm

Or vs exault and alien like xcom 2 mixes it

Rek19769
Wacky Champion
Wacky Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rek19769 Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:00 pm

Exault has partnered with the alien threat

Rek19769
Wacky Champion
Wacky Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by BladeRIP Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:07 am

I like it. We just need to be careful with the number of thin men. LPR's+poison+roof access can swamp rookies even with grenades. Perhaps 2 maximum.
BladeRIP
BladeRIP
Squaddie
Squaddie

Back to top Go down

Post by BladeRIP Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:17 am

SpottyBug wrote:Noticed only darthblasphemer and myself signed up for the 7.5k starting tomorrow, guessing 7.5 got old and stale. Too many cyberdiscs maybe? How can we make it more interesting? Ban the discs? Limit the drones to 2?

I still like 7.5k m8, but I need a bit of a break from multiplayer in general at the moment; lost some enthusiasm lately. I reckon banning cyberdiscs would be a good idea going forward though. They'd become like a win button in this bracket. It felt like you had to bring a plasma sniper rifle in any squad you built at this level or else risk finding yourself playing paper to someone else's scissors. I wonder though, if we ban cyberdiscs, whether mech squads will step right into their place as the new OP cheese build, once their main hindrance has been removed.

BladeRIP
BladeRIP
Squaddie
Squaddie

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthBlasphemer Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:12 am

What if 7.5 was xcom soldiers only?

DarthBlasphemer
Squaddie
Squaddie

Back to top Go down

Post by KeijoKurkku Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:58 pm

some lack of intrest here too, cant get much of a kick other than 20k games anymore, ill do the 10k tournament. maybe something new could be tried in 7,5k, all xcom soldiers would be cool like suggested (no mecs)

5 man team worked quite well against the cd team, 4 sj with lpr, Hunter with lr and SCOPES on everyone possible, good team in general too.

KeijoKurkku
KeijoKurkku
10K and 20K Champion
10K and 20K Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by c4mus Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:24 am

I also feel the need of a break. (Not just tournament but x-com un general). Thgh by the next 20k's i should have gained back my motivation;). As for the disc ban and the 4-5 xcomer on 7.5k i found the idea interesting.

c4mus
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Rek19769 Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:25 am

We need xcom2 bottom line. It is a bit stale. The personality on the other end is really what's keeping me playing.

( petting my new ps4 like a mob boss caresses his cat)

Rek19769
Wacky Champion
Wacky Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by SpottyBug Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:42 am

Rek19769 wrote:We need xcom2 bottom line. It is a bit stale. The personality on the other end is really what's keeping me playing.

( petting my new ps4 like a mob boss caresses his cat)

General ideas - Page 2 Ceelo

Alright, been neglecting this site this week. been busy on resident evil, had a killcount challenge event and I placed 93rd. 16600 kills, 1st place had 210 000. Fkn nolifers, lol. Getting a ton of free gear as a reward though, so not complaining.

Keijo put up a thread about exploits, I liked that, took some of the exploits and made them into rules for tournaments. Speaking of tournaments Keijo also put something in EU forum about playing tournaments there as well. Im thinking Ill put up a tournament there and we will see how the interest is.

Several people moaning about loosing interest, game getting stale, so thinking about changing the format to maybe 2 tournaments a month? Give everyone a chance to relax from commitments made on this site and look forward to next tournament. Or maybe 1 every three weeks?
SpottyBug
SpottyBug
Squaddie
Squaddie

Back to top Go down

Post by KeijoKurkku Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:44 pm

every 2 weeks, and i would drop the 7,5k off al together. would like every other time funnygames, this normal stuff is getting so stale, how about next funnygames with no limit teams, anti spam rule in Place, NEED to do something different, and i like big points.
KeijoKurkku
KeijoKurkku
10K and 20K Champion
10K and 20K Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by SpottyBug Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:56 pm

So a tourney every 2 weeks, every 2 is a funny tourney.

So a ranked tourney a month, 10 k every 2 months and a 20 k every 2 months.

Got a couple ideas for funny tourneys, also got darthblasphemers suggestion which I will use along with my exalt ideas.

SpottyBug
SpottyBug
Squaddie
Squaddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum: